Download PDF Apply Now!
Responsible for managing the fundraising and client activities that raise awareness and support for RCHS. The Manager is accountable for direct mail and social media campaigns, donor solicitations and relations, grant writing, planned gift outreaches and related capital campaign projects. He/she works closely with the Executive Director and Program Manager to ensure events and marketing strategies are met. The Development Manager is an exemplary representative; supports the mission, goals and philosophy of RCHS; and helps reinforce the culture and commitment to excellence. This position reports to the Executive Director and works with RCHS Working Committees and Program Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Creates methods and programs for procuring new donors and cultivating current donors. This includes, but is not limited to, arranging in-person solicitation teams and special events appropriate for the giving levels.
- Reviews current donor-tracking software to assess appropriateness for RCHS needs
- Works with Executive Director to create annual and long-range strategic donor plans and participates in budget forecasting
- Oversees donor recognition program and donor giving levels
- Drives grant writing process and execution with assistance from the Grant Writing Committee
- Assists with community outreach activities when appropriate
- Acts as a designated speaker for RCHS when appropriate
- Works closely with the Executive Director on design concepts for collateral, oversees direct mail solicitation, selects donor and acquisition lists for solicitation, prepares reports and/or data for solicitation evaluation.
- Works closely with the Executive Director and Committees to support fundraising goals
- Designs and implements opportunities/programs for sponsors or communities to become more involved with RCHS
- Coordinates special events for the Executive Director
- Monitors trends in the corporate and foundation communities that may be applicable and reports on these trends on a regular basis
- Targets the appropriate businesses to approach for agency support and involvement
- Tracks involvement and provides appropriate recognition to supportive businesses
- Coordinates identification, research, and solicitation for major and planned gifts. Works closely with the Executive Director and Fundraising/Finance Working Committees to successfully implement appeals for major and planned gifts
- Evaluates other methods of income development or awareness for the organization and proposes ways to incorporate them into annual and long-range plans
- Prepares monthly reports and/or other data as requested by the Executive Director
- Creates and oversees social media content related to fundraising, capital campaign, donor/business sponsor relations
- Maintains appropriate files and records and adheres to the retention policy and procedures.
- Submits budget requests and assists with budget forecasting for development needs
- Provides regular articles for the newsletter and other appropriate RCHS communications
- Oversees donor database; ensures that donors’ gifts are properly recorded and acknowledged
- Acts as the organization representative for third-party partnerships when appropriate
- Actively supports staff and volunteers and promotes the development of skills related to the advancement of RCHS goals and mission. Counsels, trains and evaluates support staff, committee members, board members and volunteers in performance of their respective development/ fundraising responsibilities.
- Represents RCHS in a professional and courteous manner at all times and practices sound judgment. Provides quality service to customers, volunteers, and staff, recognizing their individual contributions to the success of our organization.
- Works with vendors and contractors as needed
- Promotes a safe work environment, actively monitors the safety compliance of staff and takes immediate action to correct hazards
- Commitment and passion for animals and animal welfare
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 1 – 3 years of development experience including annual campaigns, grant writing and donor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and supervise the related responsibilities of staff and
- A high degree of independent judgment
- Must be able to create new, successful ways to raise money and awareness for RCHS with
knowledge of resource development
- Intermediate to advanced skills with computers and programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and
donor management software
- Dependable, stable, positive-oriented person with a team mentality
- Ability to effectively deal with the public and to handle situations with professionalism
- An understanding of excellence in customer service and interpersonal relations
- Ability to work in an often fast-paced environment
- 3 – 5 years of development experience
- CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive)
- Experience with planned giving vehicles/strategies and capital campaigns
- Ability to speak effectively before groups
- Valid driver’s license for access to operate RCHS vehicles
Positive, creative, highly-driven, enterprising attitude while embracing the challenges and opportunities of the position. The candidate needs to be solution-oriented and very organized with a highly-focused strategic mindset. Very advanced people skills, a team mentality, dependability, intensive attention to detail and flexibility are essential to this full-time position. Compassion for animals and a passion for animal welfare is a must as it is at the heart of what we do and binds everyone at the organization.
Tools and Equipment Used
Phone system, personal computer, Microsoft Office programs, database software programs, Google apps
The salary is in the low to mid $50k range depending on experience. Performance reviews are annual after the first year with employee development programs, although check-ins are to be expected regularly. Benefits include: merit-based bonuses; vacation time; health, dental and vision insurance; Simple IRA Retirement Program with an employer contribution included; access to low-cost veterinary care through the contracted veterinarian who RCHS works with to treat our animals; and discounts for certain brands of pet food and pet medications. This position also has access to training and continuing-education programs internally with RCHS and through approved external industry sources.
Download PDF Apply Now!